The Delphos Water System was created in 1896-97.
In 1946-1957 the Delphos Water System was expanded with the inclusion of the North facility.
In 1933 the average daily use in the City was just under 400,000 gallons. Today’s usage, by contrast, is approximately 1,000,000 gallons per day.
In April 2006 the City of Delphos began demolition of the water treatment plant and in May 2006 began construction of an 18,000 square foot building to be used for a new treatment complex.
The new water treatment plant uses a Lime Soda Ash filter system for softening the water and a Granular Activated Carbon filter system for removal of organics and taste and odors. This new plant can process 3.75 million gallons of water per day.